Effective Date: 01st February, 2021
Our policy explains:
• What information we collect and why we collect it.
• How we use that information.
• The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
1. INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
We collect information to provide better services to all those with whom we deal with.
We collect information in the followings ways:
A. Information you give us:
• Please note that when you sign up to use the services, you create a user profile. We shall ask you to provide only such protected information which is for lawful purpose connected with our services and necessary to be collected by us.
• By registering on our portal or website, the users must provide the details including their Name (including account username), Age, Address (including the city you live in), e-mail id, phone number, Financial and credit card information, personal description(including age and gender) ,photograph, login and password details, information regarding the consignment/commodities, it may also includes certain personal details of your emergency contact that you add to your account, and whether you have a connection with other whose personal data we may collect or hold for example, family members and friends. If you register on a Bestshopie Sites, we will gather and store your username and password to identify you at sign-in and to administer your account.
• When you register on a Bestshopie Site for update or to receive other types of notifications from us, we will ask your email address/phone number to enable us to send you information you have requested.
• We may also access contacts stored on your device in order for you to add them to your favourites or emergency contacts. Please note we do not import or synchronize your contact with the site/app.
• This is information about you that you give us by filing in forms on the Site or App or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Site or App, subscribe to our service, search for services provided by us on our portal, or other social media functions on or via the site or app, enter a competition, promotion or survey, summit a query, and when you report a problem with the site or app.
B. Information We Collect As You Access And Use Our Services:
• In additional to any protected information or other information that you choose to submit to us, we.
• We will automatically collect information from you each time you visit the site and/or use our App. This includes technical information, information about your visit, and your location data.
a. Technical information
b. Location data
a. Technical information may include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and other such information.
b. Information about your visit may include the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), Services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number or social media handle used to connect with our customer service team. It may also include reference numbers used when you book a service through the Site or the App, and details of what, how, when and where you have engaged in services which we provide or services procured or booked using our services. Where the Services allow you to call or text other users using the Services, the information may also include call and text information, including the date, time and duration of the calls and texts.
c. Location data i.e. we collect information through the Site/App as to your real time location to provide location services where requested or agreed to by you in order to deliver content and services that are dependent on knowing where you are, such as allowing customer(s) to find drivers, allowing drivers to find consignment/commodities for pickup and allowing the App to calculate the fare applicable for the services availed by you. Please note that we only collect your live location on the Site/App if you specify in your setting that you would like us to “always collect” your location. If you have not specified this, we not collect your live location unless you are accessing the Site/App or availing our services. This information is collected in combination with an identifier associated with your device to enable us to recognise your mobile browser or device when you return to the Site/App. You may also feed in your location manually in the Site/App. You may turn off location access using your device or not provide us your location manually, however, please note that without the ability to collect your location we will not be able to provide you our services.
d. Device information i.e. the devices you use (mobile phones, computers, tablets, etc.) to access our services such as the hardware models, operation system information, software information and version, file names, language preferences, IP address cookie information, advertising identifiers, browser version, device settings, and mobile network information. We may recognise your devices to provide you with personalised experiences and advertising across the services you use. In addition, tracking information of the consignment/commodities is collected automatically as they navigate through our Services, including, but not limited to geographic areas. The driver’s mobile phone will send the consignment/commodities GPS coordinates, during the transportation, to our servers. Most GPS enabled mobile devices can define one’s location to within 50 feet.
C. Information Collected By Mobile Applications
▪ When you use any of our Mobile Applications, the Mobile Application may automatically collect and store some or all of the following information from your mobile device (“Mobile Device Information”), in addition to the Device Information, including without limitation:
▪ Your preferred language and country site (if applicable)
▪ The manufacturer and model of your mobile device.
▪ Your mobile operating system.
▪ The type of mobile internet browsers you are using.
▪ Your geolocation.
▪ Information about how you interact with the Mobile Application and any of our web sites to which the Mobile Application links, such as how many times you use a specific part of the Mobile Application over a given time period, the amount of time you spend using the Mobile Application, how often you use the Mobile Application, actions you take in the Mobile Application and how you engage with the Mobile Application
▪ Information to allow us to personalize the services and content available through the Mobile Application.
2. USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
• Our primary goal in collecting your information is to provide you with an enhanced experience when using the Services. We use your information to closely monitor which features of the Services are used most, to allow you to view your booking history, rate, and to determine which features we need to focus on improving, including usage patterns and geographic locations to determine where we should offer or focus services, features and/or resources.
• Based upon the Protected Information you provide us when registering for an account, we will send you a welcoming email to verify your username and password.
• We use the information collected from our Mobile Application so that we are able to serve you the correct app version depending on your device type, for troubleshooting and in some cases, marketing purposes.
• We use your Internet Protocol (IP) address to help diagnose problems with our computer server,and to administer our web site(s). Your IP address is used to help identify you, but contains no personal information about you.
• We will send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our Services are temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
• We provide some of your Protected Information (such as your name, pick up address, contact number) to the driver who accepts your request for transportation of your consignment/commodities to enable the driver to contact and find you, your pick-up and delivery location. The companies for which drivers work (that are providing the transportation service) are also able to access your Protected Information, including your geo-location data.
• We use that geo-location information for various purposes, including for you to be able to view the drivers in your area that are close to your location, for you to set your pick up location for the consignment/commodities, for the drivers to identify the pick-up location of the consignment/commodities, to send you promotions and offers, and to allow you (if you choose through any features we may provide) to share this information with other people.
• We may use the information collected from you for targeted advertising. This involves using information collected on an individual’s web or mobile browsing behavior such as the pages they have visited or the searches they have made. This information is then used to select which advertisements should be displayed to a particular individual on websites other than our website(s). The information collected is only linked to an anonymous cookie ID (alphanumeric number); it does not include any information that could be linked back to a particular person, such as their name, address or credit card number.
3. WHEN YOU AGREE TO RECEIVE INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTIES.
Depending on the nature of your dealings with us or the services which we provide to you or which you may obtain or make available to others using our services, we may collect other types of personal data from third parties, including:
• where you are involved in providing transport-related services, identification, taxation, government or regulatory identifier (such as drivers’ licence details), and vehicle and insurance details;
• personal data relating to any complaints you make or are made about you, including recording of any calls in that regard;
• personal data collected and held via financial or payment systems about the payment mechanism or method that you might use (including credit card details) and the payments you may make for our services or any services procured or booked using our services;
• personal data collected by third-party marketing, survey and advertising service providers;
• personal data provided to any partners through which you create or access your account for the services, such as employee information provided to companies engaging in our corporate or other services, payment providers, social media services, on-demand media or services integrated with our services, or other websites (such as search engines) with which our services have been integrated;
• personal data which is accessible from your use of online sites or applications in which we have an interest or provide (such as messages for the purposes of issuing and receiving one time passwords and other device verification) and device-related or device-generated personal data. The latter might include your device details, device IDs, your location, network connections, network access and communication and session data. Location data may also be collected or derived from IP addresses, mobile numbers and network information. You generally have the option of not identifying yourself or of using a pseudonym when dealing with us, but not where this is impractical (for example when you transact online with us or you apply to provide transport-related services) or where the law or a court order provides otherwise.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
You can see a full list of the types of data we process, the purpose for which we process it, and the lawful basis on which it is processed here. Please note that we use the information you provide to us for automated decision making and profiling in order to effectively provide you our services. We use information held about you in the following ways:
• Information you give to us while registering on our website or application;
• We will use this information to: Take steps in order to enter into any contract or carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us including: administering your account with us; verifying and carrying out financial transactions in relation to payments you make through the Site and/or the App; or notifying you about changes to our service.
CONTESTS AND PROMOTIONS
We may offer Promotions through the Services that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, allowing the sponsor of the Promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter Promotion, you agree that your Protected Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion.
6. ADMINISTRATIVE AND LEGAL REASONS
We cooperate with Government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. Thus, we may access, use, preserve, transfer and disclose your information(including Protected Information, IP address, Device Information or geo-location data), to Government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we reasonably determine is necessary and appropriate: (i) to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, summons, Governmental requests or legal process; (ii) to protect and/or defend the Terms and Conditions for online and mobile Services or other policies applicable to any online and mobile Services, including investigation of potential violations thereof; (iii) to protect the safety, rights, property or security of the Company, our Services or any third party; (iv) to protect the safety of the public for any reason;(v) to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; and /or (vi) to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, an illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity.
7. WHEN YOU SHARE INFORMATION
8. BUSINESS TRANSFER
We may share your information, including your Protected Information and Usage Information with our parent, subsidiaries and affiliates for internal reasons, including business and operational purposes. We also reserve the right to disclose and transfer all such information: (i) to a
subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Services or applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our membership interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including, during the course of any due diligence process.
9. MARKET STUDY AND OTHER BENEFITS
We may share your information, including your Protected Information and Usage Information with third parties for any purpose, including but not limited to undertaking market research/ study, conduct data analysis, determine and customize product or service offerings, to improve the products or Services or to make any other benefits/products/ services available to you.
10. WITH THE OWNER OF BESTSHOPIE ACCOUNTS THAT YOU MAY USE
• If you use an account or profile associated with another party we may share the details of the booking with the owner of the profile. This may occur:
A. If you use your employer’s profile under a corporate arrangement;
B. If your friend or family books our services for you.
11. INFORMATION YOU GIVE TO US:
We will use this information to take steps in order to enter into any contract or carry out our obligations arising from any contract entered into between you and us including: or administering your account with us; or verifying and carrying out financial transactions in relation to payments you make through the Site and/or the App; or notifying you about changes to our service.
12. SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES AND WIDGETS
13. INFORMATION COLLECTED BY DRIVERS
14. CHANGE OF INFORMATION AND CANCELLATION OF ACCOUNT
(a) You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us, such as your contact information provided as part of account registration. If your Protected Information changes, or if you no longer desire our Services, you may correct, delete inaccuracies, or amend information by making the change on our member information page or by contacting us through email address mentioned on our website or Mobile Application. We will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable.
(b) You may also cancel or modify your communications that you have elected to receive from the Services by following the instructions contained within an e-mail or by logging into your user account and changing your communication preferences.
(c) If upon modifying or changing the information earlier provided to Us, we find it difficult to permit access to our Services to you due to insufficiency/ inaccuracy of the information, we may, in our sole discretion terminate your access to the Services by providing you a written notice to this effect on your registered email id.
(d) If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us through email address mentioned on the booking bill received. We will retain your Protected Information and Usage Information (including geo-location) for as long as your account with the Services is active and as needed to provide you services. Even after your account is terminated, we will retain your Protected Information and Usage Information (including geo-location, booking history, and transaction history) as needed to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, resolve disputes, conclude any activities related to cancellation of an account, investigate or prevent fraud and other inappropriate activity, to enforce our agreements, and for other business reason. After a period of time, your data may be anonymized and aggregated, and then may be held by us as long as necessary for us to provide our Services effectively, but our use of the anonymized data will be solely for analytic purposes.
The Protected Information and Usage Information we collect is securely stored within our databases, and we use standard, industry-wide, commercially reasonable security practices such as encryption, firewalls and SSL (Secure Socket Layers) for protecting your information. However, as effective as encryption technology is, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won’t be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet or wireless communication, and any nformation you transmit to the Company you do at your own risk. We recommend that you not disclose your password to anyone.
This policy was last updated on 01st February, 2021. Contact Us